wild edible herb is a natural and valuable source of nutrients.Many plants have medicinal properties and are used in cosmetics and medicine.It is also a spicy, unusual taste.
Plants should be collected away from the city, in a clean place.
If you ate only herbs from the garden, after reading this article will have an idea what wild plants you can eat, how to prepare and store.
Why wild grasses helpful store salads?
no secret that much more useful wild plants - the fact that they are better able to obtain all the necessary for the growth of nature.They are by nature longer roots.Not spoiled by regular watering, fertilizing soil and artificial lighting.In contrast, house plants, as a result of many years of breeding and cultivation have lost the ability to produce and store many valuable substances.
absence of nitrates in wild plants, their ability to heal itself, transmitted to the juice, that's what makes the grass attractive addition to the food for us.
What wild herbs can have
In the food can be consumed not only green, but plants and flowers.Here is a partial list of herbs, edible:
- Bird Highlander (knotweed, Gusyatnikov, kitchen herbs);
- crow's feet.Suitable for food entirely;
- Starry (chickweed);
- Ivan tea - sweet roots;
- Reed - young shoots peeled, they are sweet and juicy;
- Clover - young leaves are very gentle and good in salads;
- Nettle - the benefits of nettle have all heard, the young shoots are very useful;
- cuff - edible leaves and young shoots;
- Medunitsa - blue-purple leaves - an excellent honey plant.In England, it is diluted in the garden using food peeled stems and basal leaves;
- Dandelion - leaves soaked in water and added to the green cocktails or salad;
- Blindweed (sumochnik field or buckwheat).In the food are leaves: only the young, neporazhёnnye fungus, perfectly healthy;
- Plantain - young leaves can be eaten widely.In conjunction with schavelёm taste becomes more pleasant;
- Wheat grass - roots eaten raw;
- Goutweed - you can eat the young leaves.In Russia encountered 5 species of goutweed, this herb has a wide range of performance;
Edible Flowers: Nasturtium, red clover, marigolds (Tagetes), chrysanthemum.
leaves berries: strawberry leaves, strawberries, currants.
Plant plants: carrots, cabbage, cauliflower, beets, radishes.
How to cook dishes from wild herbs
- collect wild plants just outside the city, away from the roads.
- desirable to collect greens are in the same day.You can keep it fresh if wrapped in a wet cloth, a plastic bag and put into the refrigerator.
- whole wilted greens can be given a fresh look, before use if soaked in water.
- The salad greens are well sprinkle any sour juice, it improves the absorption of nutrients.
- wild herbs tasty in salads with the addition of sour cream or yogurt.
- salad greens are not salted.It spoils their appearance, taste and destroys nutrients.
- bitter leaves before adding to the salad with cold water with a little salt, minute 30.
- greens better scalded with boiling water, because it is better absorbed and becomes tastier.
Many plant names may seem unfamiliar, but it's almost all known "weeds" that can be found in the garden and the garden, in central Russia.Therefore, to collect herbs should be very carefully and cautiously, so as not to confuse them.It is better to buy a reference book with photos and description, have it to yourself.Then, on vacation, you will have another exciting culinary hobby.
Especially for LadySpecial.ru - Vera Fedorova