Allamanda native of the tropics.This evergreen vine with very dekorativnotsvetuschie beautiful shiny bright green lanceolate leaves was a favorite ornament of the famous European greenhouses XVIII - XIX centuries.Several forms etogorasteniya garden, which differ in size and shape of leaves and flowers.
Most other common Allamanda cathartica which has two varieties: Allamanda cathartica 'Grandiflora' - a relatively compact plant with pale yellow flowers and larger Allamanda cathartica hendersonii - with red buds and bright yellow flowers.
This is a very demanding plant: good lighting, regular fertilizing, pruning and grafting annually.Here's what you should be prepared if you decide to grow Allamanda .
And summer and winter, the plant requires a light or slightly polupritenennoe place: place it in the best east or west window.Shoots Allamanda should be sent to tense as a support wire, so that buds and flowers received sunlight without restriction.Mandatory proc
In the period of intensive growth (namely - from April to September) needs abundant watering and frequent spraying;Allamanda winter watered moderately and not sprayed.The dormant period the plant lasts from November to late February.To maintain a good growth rate and prolonged flowering Allamanda weekly from the beginning of April until the end of August are fed a solution of complete fertilizer, winter enough to do it once a month.Symptom nutritional deficiency - yellowing of leaves.Creeper can be transplanted, if necessary, it is best to do it before the start of the growth - from February to March.
Grow Allamanda be in the substrate consisting of a sheet of land and peat.It is advisable to add turf ground, humus and sand.
temperature regime should be maintained at 16-20 ° C, in summer - closer to the upper limit, in the winter - to the bottom.You should avoid drafts and bright sun, because both creates the preconditions for destroying plants mealybugs, aphids, spider mites and scale insects.If the wrong or poor maintenance (especially if the room is very dry air) Allamandamozhet ill blackleg.
propagated rastenieluchshe all in March-April: it take stem cuttings.They take root in water or sand with phytohormones and lower heating.
- Liana Morning Glory: planting and care
- Climbing plants for the garden
Possible problems and their causes
- If the plant countenance fell, it could be too dry soil, or -winter - excessive watering at a low temperature.
- If the plant has stopped blooming, the most likely cause is the lack of light and / or nutrients.If
- vine stretched and loses too neat, attractive appearance, first, it requires pruning, and secondly, perhaps, the plant is not enough light.
- When winter leaves turn brown and shrivel - too cold to plant.
- If the leaves turn black, and the stems start to rot, to be treated with fungicide and plant moved to a warmer place.
Especially for LadySpecial - Olga