Almost every garden there is a place of green hedges - leaf or blossom.She can be divided into zones of land to create a decorative polustenki or hide gazebo.However, not all existing ear plants are suitable for this purpose.In this category noteworthy privet, and its interesting foliage and buds, and even berries.
Privet Photo and key characteristics
Basically privet gardens are planted in order to obtain a hedge, because in addition to a high degree of branching of the shrub shows excellent results in respect of its crop.Bush for a long time keeps a predetermined shape, so that the entire season, he catches the eye with its appearance.
Oval low polustenki or more square lines, as well as specific figures - all this is easy to obtain, on a plot planted privet.It is characterized by evergreen deciduous, whose range varies from deep green to yellow-green and purple with the dominance of blue undertone.Panicle inflorescence height often reaches 18 cm, and during the growing season in some varie
fame earned 10 on Form vidovbiryuchiny, including in the middle band are well known: ordinary, golden, weeping and pyramidal.The last named for their characteristics of molded, golden - in shade flowers.It should be noted the division in shape and coloring of leaves: round-privet is low (up to 2 m) shrubs with broad leaves, short branches and high density of the bush, not sprawling breadth.Motley has an interesting color, because its oblong lanceolate leaves are decorated with pale pink border and stained.
Despite the fact that each type of privet bush after flowering in the middle-sized decorated with fruits, eat them is impossible.In people, this plant is known as "wolfberry" and is toxic to humans.That does not prevent the birds happily feast on the fruits of dark beads until January.But these fruits are planting: 1 berry contains up to 4 pieces.seed germination whose probability is 65%.From juicy, large fruits selected seeds, washed and eliminate from the pulp, and then immersed in water for the selection of empty seeds.
Ligustrum vulgare: planting and care
- Common privet, planting and care of work which is almost up, caught in the middle lane better than any other species, and has served as a base for several tens of varieties and forms.Bush grows in nature has a strong branching, height of 3 m, and its dark green leaves, to keep the branches even after the onset of cold weather.The length of the sheet plate is 10 cm, its outer side has a moderate gloss, lower lighter in shade and a matte;shape - soft oval with a pointed tip.
- period of vegetation in the common privet occurs in July and lasts 21-25 days, after which the small flowers are painted in cream color, fade, and in their place are formed medium-sized bunches with round berries.It is noteworthy that the common privet fruit hanging on the bush and during the cold, even in winter not to litter yanvarya.A of flowers, gathered in dense panicles, located almost precisely vertical, comes a strong bright flavor.
- This type of olives stands out among the other plants of its ruggedness.However, it should be noted that the fine varieties, bred by artificial means, much less cold resistance, nezhelisozdanny nature.His threshold of - 30 ° C below zero, after which there is a light frosting of the bush, but not damaged root system, even if it does not cover.If the snow is not enough, die tops of young shoots.
- attractiveness and ability to carry ordinary biryuchinyhorosho temporary drought.The natural conditions for the growth of this species - the southern part of Ukraine, mountainous Crimea, the Caucasus, Moldova.Because the nature of ordinary privet can be found on chalky soil in the garden, it is also easy to get accustomed to the easy ground.Undesirable dense loam and soil, allowed the chemical composition of the shift in the direction of excess salt and lime.
Golden Privet: particular type
Grade «Aureum», referring to the golden privet, for Russia is most preferred due to its hardiness.This is a low shrub, hardly reaching over 0.7 m, and in molding it is recommended to trim up to 0.3 m. The leaves, as can be seen from the name, yellowish-green, with a distinct golden border, whose width is directly proportional to the amount of solarrays that fall on the bush.In the southern regions of golden foliage appears, even if the plant will often be in a shaded place.In the middle zone is necessary to give the bush to constantly absorb sunlight.
When planting golden privet important to protect from cold winds: this purpose is not recommended to plant it in the open space.But in the shade of larger trees is not its place: the plant will begin to experience a shortage of nutrients.For shrubs, depending on their destination or are pulled out of the pit and buried with a diameter of 0.4 m, if you want to place the seedlings singly or trenches with the same parameters, if you create a short tight curb.The pit is poured necessarily lime and ash (1: 3), as well as fertilizer.
Watering is done just before the start of the growing season and then plant enough natural rainfall.But every year in late May under a bush superphosphate pour in the pellets and compost.
Privet: planting and caring for plants
- privet Planting is done most often through planting, the optimal time for which -osen.The seeds fall to the ground under the snow, where they are a natural stratification process that contributes to a better germination.With spring planting is necessary to pre-stratification in the cold lasting six months.To this end, they are connected with the river sand and a quantity of peat mixture retracted into the box, forming a layer of 35 cm and moistened.
- water it can not - only active spray, so as not to wash the seeds back.Spring Sprouts can be grown in greenhouses, where the practice of artificially increasing the air temperature, soil for seedlings composed of humus, sand and peat.The upper layer is required to wake up extra sand.
- When sowing in late April or early May for transplanting in the open ground seedlings are ready until next year, reaching 20 cm in height.For this reason most gardeners practicing autumn planting and breeding privet cuttings.Seedlings themselves are shown above the ground only after 30-40 days after sowing.But the most optimal time for implementation is considered to be the age of 2-3 years, during which young seedlings are growing in a greenhouse or apartment, gradually gaining strength and stretching.
- If planted and propagated through grafting a bush, then you can omit the lignified escape directly into the ground, allowing it to have in vivo and is not afraid to take root because of its adaptation.The percentage of rooting for the cut at the end of the growing season is 85-100% escape.A young green stalks must be 2-3 months.hold under the glass until it is properly develop its root system.A similar procedure is carried out in the autumn.From bushes subtracted shoots length of 13-15 cm, and in some species, e.g., privet rotundifolia, must take the longer copies - 30 cm. They were rooted in a substrate made of peat and sand in the ratio 1: 1 under glass and in a cool place.Next spring turned into a seedling sapling planted to their permanent place, although some gardeners make a new transplant in October, after which the plant will not move.
- Different diseases privet almost hit, but the pests often raid on its leaves and branches.In particular, the young shoots of the taste scale insects, which are removed by treatment with a bush protivokoktsidom.Leaves like caterpillars and odiumam: they quickly banishes any insecticide.A damaged timber - Polypore merit: this fungus parasite settles in the weakened, diseased bush, and output in this situation becomes the elimination of affected branches.
- Dern snow-white: how to care for it?
- Steppe cherry hedge
- bushes blooming all summer: the list
- How to grow a fifth?
- How to grow heather?
- abutilon How to grow?
- How to grow acacia?
Good manifests itself privet and solo compositions, and in tandem with others. Shrubs.Evergreen background will be an excellent foundation for any floral ideas.And in the matter of care enough to remember that, despite the good perception of frost bush is throwing snow in the winter.In the spring he will come down, moisten the earth, and the new season will only feed the plant until the following winter to not to think about leaving him.