tomatoes, or as they are called, the tomatoes are very popular among gardeners.Homeland is a culture of South America, so they prefer a warm climate.It is therefore recommended to grow tomatoes in greenhouses.
Drip irrigation in a greenhouse tomato
Thanks to modern technology can drip tomatoes in the greenhouse.You can buy in the store ready for this device, or to purchase the necessary elements and make it your own.One drip installation can provide moisture to 50 sq.m.beds.The system allows not only to water the tomatoes, and sprinkle fertilizer.You do not need to carry heavy watering cans or buckets, drip irrigation device do the hard work for you.
This type of irrigation saves water, but no electricity sincemains powered.There are two irrigation systems: automatic and semi-automatic.Before buying a device to study the characteristics of each type of system.This will allow you to find out the performance, power consumption, etc. Parameters.
Drip irrigation allows you to avoid the exhausting
The feed tomatoes in the greenhouse?
Also, do not forget about feeding your tomatoes in a greenhouse.Fertilize plants should be the first since the formation of the ovary.Depending on the growth phase uses different feeding: liquid mullein, potassium sulfate, wood ash and superphosphate.
- During the growing season is necessary to carry out root fertilizing 4.The first case 20 days after planting seedlings to a permanent place.To do this, take 1 tbsp.l.nitrophosphate, mullein 500 ml of liquid and 10 liters of water at the rate of 1 liter per plant fertilizer.Second feeding is carried out 10 days after the first.To do this, take 1 tbsp.l.fertilizers and 1 hour. L.potassium sulfate in 10 liters of water at the rate of 5 liters per 1 sq.m.The third feeding is carried out 12 days after the second.To do this, take 1 tbsp.l.superphosphate and 2 tablespoons.l.wood ash per 10 liters of water at the rate of 8 l per 1 sq.m.
- When the plant begins to bear fruit, it will need to fertilize the following composition: 1 ch. L.sodium humate, 2 tbsp.l.superphosphate per 10 liters of water.This composition should be watered at the rate of 5 liters per 1 sq.m.Such feeding accelerates ripening.
See also: Planting tomatoes in the greenhouse
Why wilt tomatoes in the greenhouse?
One of the most common reasons that tomatoes wilt - Fusarium, which is a fungal disease that affects tomatoes in greenhouses.Fusarium is developing at a constant planting plants in the same soil, during severe changes in temperature and humidity.The defeat of the disease occurs during transplanting seedlings or loosening the soil after watering.Fusarium is not immediately, and during the formation of the fruit.During this period tomatoes weaken and become vulnerable.
signs of Fusarium are yellowing and wilting of lower leaves of the plant.Gradually the aging process progresses: the leaves become yellow color, the veins become light, deformed stalks and leaves are twisted.The plant slowly dies.
To cope with the disease, it is necessary to observe the following recommendations:
- Check the condition of the bushes.Upon detection of the infected plants, destroy them immediately;
- regularly ventilate the greenhouse and observe the required temperature;
- not planted tomatoes in the same soil as in the previous year.If this is not possible, steam the soil temperature at 90 degrees;
- After assembling the tomato, remove all of the greenhouse crop residues;
- disinfect the soil in a greenhouse with a solution of copper sulfate (70 g per 10 liters of water);
- to treat Fusarium buy in the store the drug Previkur, hamster or other. Similar compounds.Process according to the instructions of tomatoes.
Care tomatoes in the greenhouse
To get a good crop of tomatoes must be properly looked after.Vegetables are grown in the greenhouse can be in the winter and summer, more importantly, to maintain the optimum temperature.In sunny weather, it should be 22 - 28 degrees, in cloudy - 18 - 22 degrees, at night - 15 - 20 degrees.While fruiting greenhouse temperature should be above 2 degrees.The temperature limit for Culture - 29 degrees.At higher temperatures they burn.
Do not forget to constantly loosen the soil.Loosening produce 1 time in 2 weeks special hoe.Loose soil is best breathable, fast deliver to the roots of water and nutrients.
Fertilizer is an important part of caring for tomatoes in the greenhouse.To feed it is recommended to use a granular or liquid funds.Note that the latter are better absorbed into the soil and more easily absorbed by the plant.
Watering Tomatoes need warm water.Cold may harm, t. To. It slows development and can lead to death.In the process of care for the culture do not forget to pinch the plant.
Tomatoes have long gained a well-deserved popularity among gardeners.Culture requires careful maintenance, but, subject to certain rules, provides a rich harvest in the greenhouse and in the open field.An important element in growing tomatoes are correct watering and fertilizing competent.
- Care eggplants in greenhouse.The eggplant feed?
- How to tie tomatoes in the greenhouse?
- How watering peppers in a greenhouse?