Daylilies - a perennial herb.The name of a flower comes from the Greek language and literally means "the beauty of a day."The earliest mention of the plant associated with China: daylily buds and shoots are eaten, used in medicine and cosmetology.Each flower of this beautiful plant blooms for just one day.Daylilies quite unpretentious in the care and planting, which makes them among the most favorite colors of gardeners.
In total there are more than 10 thousand. Varieties of daylily variety of colors.The breadth of their range of colors are the envy of any flower.You can find copies of the white to pale pink, from purple to maroon, from orange to yellow, etc.Light varieties grow better in the sun, partial shade and prefer dark.When planting daylilies remember this rule.
- America Freedom - a peach color with green and gold neck pleated border.Flower round shape with dense petals.The plant blooms in the hot summer.
- Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis - round and delicate pink flower with
- Cosmic Sensei - compared to others. This daylily has a classic elongated shape.The petals are painted in a dark purple color with white corrugated and intermittent border.
- spine Echin C - two-color daylily dark lavender with round petals.The edges of the petals are decorated with golden border and "shark teeth".
- Raspberri John Crim - the daylily has a round wavy petals, painted in white.Around the neck is a large green "eye" crimson.The edges are decorated with beautiful crimson border.The colors of the plants varies depending on the lighting.
- Moonlight Sayle - very beautiful and large flower round shape dark red-violet color.Around the neck is a large green watermark pale lavender.The edges of the petals are decorated with golden fringe.
- Child Vizin - Terry miniature plant.Daylily is painted in cream color, the middle of which is maroon "eyes."This variety is especially propagated.
- Electric Memeleyd Magic - has a round shape and painted in bright orange.The edges of the petals are decorated with a large margin.This variety daylily just can not miss!
- Kaved Inishelz - unusually colored daylily.It has a coral watermelon color with light eye.A distinctive feature of the flower is carved texture of the petals.
Daylilies: preparing for winter
Daylily - plant resistance to cold, so does not require special training.Determine when to cut daylilies in the winter can be on the flower itself.Flower stems should be cut immediately after flowering.When autumn was rainy, wet buds are removed immediately after withering.The total for the winter cropping daylilies made in late autumn (around November), when the leaves turn yellow and wither.Cut all aboveground part and removed from the soil.
wintering plants varies depending on the varieties.Evergreen or semi-evergreen daylilies may not tolerate extreme cold.These varieties require warm shelter.Over adapt varieties tolerate frost without interference.
suitable shelter for daylilies are peat, fir branches, straw, sawdust, dry grass.Before we cover the plant in winter, is finally convinced that soon freeze.Otherwise, the plant may rot and die.
For all its unpretentiousness, for which he was fond of gardeners, it is important to properly choose a place to grow daylily.The soil should be rich in humus.If you have a sod-podzolic soils, it is recommended to enrich the peat, sand and mineral fertilizers.Heavy clay soil for growing daylily not fit: they stagnant moisture due to the excess of which the roots rot and the fungal disease appear.
distinctive feature of the plant is its ability to grow for a long time in one place.It hardly needs to be grafts.Consider this factor when planting daylilies: rhizome grows quickly and requires more space.
Flowers can be planted using seed, air layering or division.When seed reproduction breeding characteristics are completely lost, which makes it possible to apply the method only to natural forms of daylilies.
Before planting it is recommended to soak the plants dug in disinfectant solution for 2 hours. This will prevent the proliferation of harmful bacteria and fungi.Patients and dry the roots should be removed immediately in order to stimulate the growth of new ones.
to plant daylilies need to dig a hole depth of 30 - 35 cm at the bottom placed a mixture of peat, compost and put a flower.
care of plants is quite simple, it is enough to observe a few rules:
- During bloom regularly remove withered flowers and cut the withered stalks.This should be done not only for beauty, but also the extension of flowering daylilies.
- Daylilies are not demanding on the temperature conditions.The cold and the heat did not ruin the flower, so you should not worry.But gardeners have noticed that more lighted areas, daylilies grow more intense and less sick.
- With its root system, the flower does not need regular watering, he is able to extract moisture from the soil.Water the plant only recommended when severe and prolonged droughts.When watering, avoid getting water on the petals, wetting only the roots.
- When planting daylilies recommended them to feed fertilizers.For the complete assimilation of nutrients before planting, the soil abundantly watered.For more fertilizer after flowering make the bulk of the buds.
Daylily: diseases and pests
plant is not often subjected to attacks by pests and diseases.One of the most active is considered mosquito that lays larvae in tight buds.The first finding his tracks, remove the bud with eggs, and insecticide-treated plant.
Daylilies are subject to fungal diseases.If the lesion is insignificant, you can save the plant, sprinkled its special composition.In the case of mass destruction, burn diseased plants to the fungus does not spread to other daylilies.
Another danger lies in wait for the flower - a root rot.In this case, daylily must be removed from the soil and thoroughly washed roots potassium permanganate.Then you can safely put a flower in its place.
Daylilies - beautiful plants that will transform any garden or flower bed.Due to the fact that the flower does not require careful maintenance, it is very appreciated gardeners.The variety, textures and colors will satisfy even the most demanding taste.
- When and how to plant lilies?
- Why do leaves turn yellow from the lily?
- How to store lilies?