Who indoors with flowers growing subtropical crops, among which received widespread lemon .At the same time Evergreen trees can be seen ripening fruits, buds, flowers, ovaries of different sizes.This factor gives the decorative plants and makes a cozy interior premises.
leaves emit a refreshing lemon scent into the air and special volatiles - volatile, by which the premises disinfected. Grow lemon tree in the home may , if you observe a number of rules.
Growing domestic lemon
- Lemon, grown at home - a perennial dwarf tree.Fruit, home grown considerably smaller than those sold in the market.But the content of useful components, they are not inferior to buy on the market.
- At home you can grow a lemon to 20 fruit if to give him proper care.Fruit of the lemon should be removed from the tree as soon as they turn yellow (the diameter of the fetus is expected to reach 5-7 cm), carefully cutting off their shears.Overripe fruit will adversely affect the formation and growth, as well, lowering the qual
growing indoor lemon seeds from
Grow fruiting lemon of bone is quite difficult, it is easier to grow a tree from cuttings.
- for soil preparation mix 2 tbsp.normal garden soil, 1 tbsp.l.ash, 3 tbsp.l.humus and 1 tbsp.peska.Luchshe if the sand is river.All that is required to add water and mix until a uniform mass.Mixture to fill the entire pot, leaving cavities around the roots.After half a lemon need transplanted into a pot 5 cm greater in diameter, with the same composition of the soil.
- for growing indoor lemon require very large and healthy bones , which you extracted from the fruit.The ground seeds are planted immediately after extraction in order to avoid drying out.
- for seedlings of lemon can take a small pot with a hole for water.At the bottom of the pot, pour a layer of drainage and then - prepared soil.Bones planted at a depth of 1.5 - 2 cm. Plant several seeds better, then to choose the most healthy and strong plant.After the seeds are immersed in the ground, cover pots transparent film.
- No need to buy soil in specialized stores.Due to the high content of peat a primer for growing lemons will not do.
- Pour lemon with caution, but better - just sprayed.The temperature during germination should be + 18-20 C. After a few weeks should see seedlings.As soon as the plant had a second pair of leaves, the film can be removed and transferred to a lemon-lit place.
- to trees grown from seeds bear fruit, it must inculcate. necessary to cut a branch fruiting plants aged 2-3 years, take her kidney (eye) for transplantation.The kidney is to choose the most mature, 1 cm above it make a horizontal section, the other - on the 1.5 cm below.In the upper section of insert knife blade slowly moving down.Kidney, together with the wood removed and reserve in a humid place.Vaccination is best done in May or August.
Terms growing lemons at home
- watering. For watering the plants is desirable to use to defend the water at room temperature.Water for irrigation is necessary to stand at least a day in an open container before removal of chlorine, which is harmful for the lemon.You can use the water extracted from the well, but not necessarily heated to room temperature.From rainwater refuse, it can be a lot of impurities.The degree of moisture is determined by the degree of stickiness of the soil.Once the top layer of the soil starts to crumble, the plant should be watered.Pour, not to denude the roots.Watering must be carried out until such time as the sump water will not occur.So you will ensure adequate moisture.
- Feeding .For growth and regular fruiting plant requires abundant feeding.To feed, you can use any fertilizer intended for indoor plants, for example, the "Rainbow".Using growth enhancers do not need to, because you can destroy a tree.Strengthen fertilizer you need, when passes intensive phase of growth, and requires additional power plants to accumulate nutrients for ripening.Stop fertilizing is necessary for the period of the winter months.
- place for the lemon. lemon tree will grow well on a windowsill, but away from the battery, as it needs a certain humidity.Positioning can be in any window, including northern.In winter, hypothermia can occur roots of the difficulty of circulating water from the roots to the leaves.In order not to encounter this issue, Wrap the pot with a little tree heat insulating cloth and put it under the pot a piece of foam.Note that the plant is afraid of drafts and dry rooms.When humidity less than 40%, it may dry out.In the cold far from lemon put a container of water.
- Crop. Lemon will start to give offspring on the branches of the fourth-fifth-order, so the plant should be cut.As soon as the young tree reaches 20 cm in early spring until the beginning of the period of active growth, it is necessary to trim the top, leaving it a few buds.Subsequently, of the kidneys begin to grow shoots.With grown branches to do the same, leaving the other kidney shoots.This procedure is repeated until such time as the tree does not appear branch of the fifth order, which will bear fruit.Prior to the beginning of fruiting take several years.Be sure to remember - for the supply of the fetus should be not less than 10 leaves on the tree, so take care of them.
- stay on the street. With increasing temperature up to + 10 ° C lemon can be set to a balcony or courtyard.For the first week of the plant put into the shade.Put it in the ground so that the levels of the pot and soil coincide.The soil in the pot, cover with moss or dry leaves a layer of 2 cm. This method protects against drying lemon.Water the tree at night, just as the drying of the soil.No need to bring up the soil acidification excess moisture.In this case, the lemon will stop growing, the soil turns green, the leaves appear brown spots and they will start to fall.If acidification of the soil in the pot occurred, the plant should be transplanted to soil replacement.In the autumn before the cold weather, store the tree house.
- At home, lemons can be very warm, but not enough lighting.From November to early March in the premises where the lemon should be dry air and + 8-10 C. In rare cases, the plant can be kept and t +18 C, only increase the humidity.The plant is put on by heaters that drain the air.Several times a day spray the lemon tree with water at room temperature.
- Once a month is required to treat the leaves of lemon wool moistened with soapy water.Otherwise, the wood will attack the parasites.
course, grow a lemon at home is not as easy .It is necessary to provide proper care, watering, soil conditions.But all this is done not for the sake of a rich harvest, because with a single tree can receive no more than 20 fruit per year.But it's very interesting to do, and his own grown lemons will be a great reward for patience.
See also: How to plant a lemon at home?
Especially for LadySpecial.ru - Svetlana