If you love sometimes stroll through gardens and parks in your city, you probably noticed plant with lush foliage and garlands of red .This plant called amaranth .For quite a long time in agriculture amaranth considered a weed and they fed animals, only recently opened its ornamental and medicinal properties .
Amaranth - is an annual plant that is often planted seedlings due to the fact that it is a long shoot.While in warm climates amaranth grown in open ground.
Total emit almost 900 species of amaranth and 65 genera.In Russia grow 17 species of this plant, of which the most common are three-color amaranth, tailed, crimson, paniculata, upturned, amaranth ordinary.
cultivation of amaranth seed
If you think - is it worth to grow amaranth, do not hesitate - worth it!This plant really has useful properties.
- To grow amaranth fit any ground. seeds it is sown when the temperature of the earth at a depth of half a meter would be about 6 C °, it is at this temperature, the soil i
- If you want to grow seedlings early amaranth , sow the seeds should be to freeze the ground.
- When later shoots of the plant should be kept weed weeds and follow the watering.Also, do not forget about pests - various insects on which amaranth must be constantly protected.
- need to sow amaranth mezhdugryadyami 45 cm , the distance between seeds should be 10 cm. If this condition is not met, the plant will grow a little, and the harvest will be small.
- need to plant the seeds in moist soil at a shallow depth - approximately 1-1.5 cm.
- Since amaranth seeds are very small (1000 grains weigh only 0,6-0 amaranth,9g) before planting should be mixed with conventional river sand or sawdust in a proportion 1:20, the resulting mixture should be uniform.Also, before planting be sure to level the ground and fertilize the soil.
- first sprouts appear within 8-10 days after sowing.The upper part of the first amaranth develops quite slowly, so once per 10 days is necessary to thin out the plants and hoe and weed the soil.
- When amaranth reach a height of 20 cm, the soil is necessary to add fertilizer, this must be done before the precipitation or before watering.
- Next amaranth will add to growth of 6-7 cm daily .Fully mature the plant through 100-110 days after planting.
- If you live in the northern region of the country, it is better to plant amaranth seedlings, otherwise he would not have time to develop properly before the cold weather.
- The time when the plant produces so-called "broom", it must be clean.This phenomenon as it gives a sign that the plant has collected a maximum amount of nutrients. Malkin need to collect at a time when the seeds have just started to ripen .After collecting it takes some time to ripen.To do this, the seeds need to be expanded in a well-ventilated area for 7-10 days.
- to small rodents, for example - the mouse, do not destroy your harvest, spread around the seeds of elderberry branches.
- to clear amaranth seeds , pass them through a sieve with very small cells, then dry.After that, the amaranth seeds can be planted more than 5 years.
- to use amaranth in winter, it can be frozen, to dry or pickle.
How to dry amaranth?
There are several ways to zasushki amaranth .You can cut a medium-sized plant and put in a well-ventilated area, stirring occasionally so the plant is not compacted.You can also collect the leaves of the plant into a small bundle and hang.Ostaetsyatolko periodically check the readiness of amaranth - rub between the fingers of leaf of a plant - if it crumbles, then dried amaranth.
- If you want to save in amaranth as many nutrients , then to dry it in the refrigerator.To do this, cut into medium-sized plant, spread out on a cutting board and place in the refrigerator, but not the very top shelf.The plant with this method zasushki is not only the most useful, but green and beautiful.Store amaranth is usually in a dark, ventilated, unsaturated placed in limbo.Frozen plant beams preliminarily washed and dried, by retracting the beams in the freezer.
- For marinating amaranth can fill it with brine made from water, sugar and salt, or simply put in a container and cover with salt.
Useful properties of amaranth
Amaranth contains many useful substances for our body. Many experts argue that amaranth protein even higher quality than milk protein .Amaranth is recognized as dietary protein, it is often used for the preparation of baby pitaniya.Takzhe in amaranth contains more lysine than in other plants.
More amaranth includes in its composition elements such as calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, iron and potassium.This plant is very rich in fiber, very useful for our health.The amaranth contains 18% sugar, 14% fat and 18% protein.
Amaranth oil health
amaranth squeeze oil, which has many beneficial properties and is easily absorbed by our body .An oil is obtained by cold-pressed seeds of the plant, much less for this purpose stems and vegetation.
The structure of amaranth seeds include squalene , with the help of a very well-treated tumors, it also enhances immunity.The taste of amaranth oil - as a nut, because of this, it is also used in cooking.
- Amaranth oil: application and reviews
- godetsiyu How to grow from seeds?
- How to grow Osteospermum from seed?
- How to grow Iberis?
Amaranth - a very useful plant , it can be used to cure a variety of diseases, from colitis to hemorrhoidal bleeding.Oil plant has a positive effect on our immune system. cultivation of amaranth in the home - not a troublesome thing , it requires a bit of attention and care, and result from the application of these small efforts will surpass all your expectations!