Hortense was first brought to Europe from Japan in 1820.Translated, it means "water barrel," which tells about the main rule of maintenance. Hydrangeas need abundant watering. It is quite hardy and undemanding plant, so it is able to grow any person, even without any knowledge of horticulture.
Hortense, which is grown in the home - a plant with flowers of pink, white, blue or krasnogotsvetov.It has bright green stems, which reach a length of up to 1.5 m. Hydrangea begins to bloom from early spring and ends in late autumn only.Then she sinks to 80 days to rest. If you want to delight you with beautiful hydrangea flowers, you need to know how to care for her at home.
Hydrangea: rules of care at home
- hydrangeas should be selected for a place illuminated by diffused bright light.In the summer months it can be taken into the open air to gradually get used to the direct sunlight.Once accustomed flower pots with hydrangea can be dug into the ground and leave it until spring.
- Hortense does not lik
- flower needs moist and fresh air .Therefore, it is necessary to spray and do not put close to a radiator.
- Hortense should be watered with warm, soft, and to defend the water, because the flower does not tolerate hard water.In winter, you can use melted water, and at other times - rain.
- during active growth and flowering flower and should be well watered regularly.During this period, the land in the pot should always be moist.For the correct formation and growth of inflorescence hydrangea it is recommended to water solution of potassium permanganate.In the summer watering is not enough, during the flowering and growth of flowers and leaves wither, hydrangea retards growth and then recovered with difficulty.
- During the rest Watering should be significantly reduced, to have time to mature terminal buds, from which emerge the following year flowers.During dormancy in winter, especially at a sufficiently low temperature, excessive watering provokes root rot and can cause the death of the flower.
- For good flowering hydrangea need fertile soil .After another flowering hydrangea desirable transplanted into fresh soil.To create a soil mix of 1 part peat land and softwood, ½ of the sand with humus. Flower likes clay soil, but from the sand is better to abstain.
- inflorescences color depends on the acidity of the soil.In alkaline soils resulting color pink on acid - blue.If desired, you can change the color to pink, if you add lime, and blue when aluminum sulfate.Also, acidic soil makes the color richer and brighter, and more neutral - slightly palely.Sawdust, peat, softwood land can also oxidize soil.Chalk, lime and ash better oxidation omitted.
- In spring and summer, using a liquid organic and mineral fertilizers, it is desirable to hold fertilizer plants.Well suited mixtures of ammonium sulfate, potassium, bone meal, or nitrogen fertilizers.
- After pruning hydrangeas and until new shoots are not fed her.After flowering, pruning is necessary to half the length.
- Hortense roots grow wide and far in the ground do not go away, so you need to choose a wide landing, not a deep pot. for proper growth hydrangeas need to create good drainage.
Care Tips hydrangea
If hydrangeas provide a temperature no lower than 200 ° C, in the winter it strong enough for the subsequent flowering.Hortense did not like the constant shade and shaded places.Winter flower should be watered every 5 days.Before watered, the soil should be proryhlit. to root hydrangea is very important air power .After planting the flower for the month must rest, so it does not need to feed.
If the flower survives poorly, you can start it a little feed phosphate fertilizers. Hydrangea flower suffers from aphids , to avoid its appearance quite timely watering the flower.If you want to give a bluish inflorescences dark blue color, add an iron salt in the water that will water the flower.
transplant hydrangeas and problems at home
- transplant hydrangeas carried out in a period of rest when not in bloom. usually do it every 2 or 3 years.Make sure the diameter of the new pot should be May 1 times more than the old.
- If hydrangea leaves turn yellow, then the reason for this - a decrease in acidity.Therefore, before watering flower, add 1 L of water is 5 drops of lemon juice.
- cause of dry leaf tips often becomes insufficient watering or dry air.It is necessary to increase the humidity and the amount of irrigation.
- bright spots appear on the leaves of a hydrangea from excess light, so the pot with hydrangea should be removed in the shade, shielding from direct sunlight.
- Black spots in hydrangea arise because not enough intensive irrigation.
- reason too slow growth of the flower becomes a lack of food, enough to feed it with organic and mineral fertilizers.
Hydrangea - extraordinarily beautiful flower that has the unique ability to change the color of the flowers when watering various salts.If you decided to buy this beautiful flower, remember, it needs proper care at home, and then he will thank you with their beauty.
hydrangea To please you for many years for its beautiful and unusual flowers, enough to observe three main conditions for the care of her at home: timely watering, to comply with the conditions of the transplant and that there is no direct sunlight for a long time.
more about the hydrangeas, you will learn after reading the article Hydrangea: cultivation and maintenance.
Especially for LadySpecial.ru - Yulia