Clematis - cultural dekorativnotsvetuschie garden plant.Currently, there are more than 200 species of clematis.Most of them are vines.They differ in many aspects: the shape and color of the perianth, referring to the root system, the size of the flowers, etc.
Clematis used to decorate garden plots, flower beds, walkways.Looks fine twined clematis wall of the house or gazebo and tree trunks.
But not only flowers attract connoisseurs of beauty.At Clematis - very elegant and original fruit.Due to the fact that they have their spherical shape resembles the head of a gray-haired old man, popularly called their grandfather curls .
- For simplicity, because of the huge variety of Clematis are divided into melkotsvetnye, and large-srednetsvetkovye.
- Furthermore, in each of these groups emit a narrow band.For example, a variety of groups Zhakmana, Vititsella, Lanuginoza, Patenas etc.
- There is another classification of clematis - on forms: curly (creeper-phyllobates), climbing and shrub sp
- When planting clematis should take into account their specific features.First of all, we must remember that the light-requiring Clematis.Therefore, plant them in the southern areas.Also suitable south-eastern and south-western areas.
- Clematis are suffering from the wind, so the land for their cultivation needs to be protected.
- soil, the most favorable for the clematis should be fertile, neutral or slightly alkaline.
- Planting clematis best in spring or autumn.It is advisable to open ground to plant seedlings.
After planting, you need to care for clematis.It does not make you a big deal.Suffice it to water, weed the soil from weeds, loosen it and feed.
- watering.Typically, in the absence of rains Clematis watered at least once a week profusely.When watering is necessary to loosen the soil, so as not formed an earth crust that prevents saturation of the air roots.
- feeding.During the period of the growing season is necessary to feed the clematis 2 times a month.For this alternate feeding of organic and mineral substances.During the flowering plants are not fed, otherwise they will bloom a little, though plentiful.Before fertilizing the soil should be well watered.In the autumn reduces feeding and stop at all.
- the winter in the middle latitudes Clematis need to cover with the onset of frost.In April, the plants released from the shelter.
- Crop.An important step in the care of Clematis - is cropping.It is made depending on the species and varieties.But general rules are: weak, dry and diseased shoots need to completely cut and destroyed;strong, well-developed shoots recommend shortening.
Reproduction clematis Clematis
Propagate by seed, cuttings, layering and division of a bush.
- seed propagation is carried out in March-April in the planting boxes.Planted seeds are kept in a warm room.After two to three months are planted in soil.
- Propagation by cuttings.For this type of reproduction requires a certain kind of clean or grade.Getting cuttings during budding.Use is usually the middle part of the elastic shoots.About a month later the cuttings take root, and they can be planted.
- Reproduction by layering.The simplest method is when spring makes small grooves for cuttings and sprinkle them with earth.A year later, the new plant can be separated from the mother.
- reproduction by dividing the bush is very common among gardeners.In the middle latitudes thus propagated in the spring clematis.To do this, cut the aboveground part of the shoot at the second pair of kidneys.Depending on the size of the bush, can be prepared from 2 to 10 plants.
Pests and diseases Clematis
- From pests most undesirable and dangerous is the root-knot nematode.Plants infected with the thicken and swell like.All infected Clematis destroyed.
- addition nematodes clematis can hit different kinds of aphids.When plants are infected aphids they are sprayed aktellik, rogorom and infusion potato tops, tobacco, gray alder, or yarrow.
- from mildew help morestanom spraying, etc. fundazol
- Most clematis affected such as the fungal disease askohitoz.The whole plant is covered with brown spots.Foster's disease rainy weather and temperature fluctuations.Fight askohitozom be spraying fungicides containing copper.
- As a precaution, in addition to compliance with the proper care of Clematis, the soil in the fall and spring, treated with a solution of potassium permanganate.It is also useful during the summer spraying Bordeaux fluid once a month.
- clematis What to choose?
- How to grow from the seeds of Cosmo?
- How to grow cineraria?
Clematis different species and groups will make your gardening plot brighter, more attractive and more comfortable.Your site will always be full of pink, blue, purple, red, crimson, purple and blue colors of the festive mood.