Bulimia - a mental disorder , characterized by uncontrolled consumption of food in large quantities, after which a person feels guilty and tries to get rid of the food by vomiting or other treatments to cleanse the body.At the heart is the fear of getting fat bulimia.A man prone to bulimia are constantly concerned about being overweight, count calories, but he is unable to control his insatiable appetite.Bulimiki differ from conventional gluttons desire in that at all costs to get rid of eaten.
bulimia is difficult to determine Unlike anorexia, people with bulimia patient may look good, and even friends and family do not always know about his problems.
Causes of bulimia
Bulimia - psychosomatic disease associated with dysfunction of the hypothalamus, as a result of the work kotorogouhudshaetsya think tank responsible for the feeling of hunger.These effects can result in depression, phobias, constant stress and anxiety.In a constant state of emotional discomfort of the human body begins to defend
mild symptoms of bulimia
- constant guilt about food eaten.
- man can not control himself.
- Excessive self-criticism.
- lack of self-love.
- constant feeling of hunger.
- Possibility per meal consume 5000 calories.
- lack of taste preferences in food are easily cakes with mustard.
- Power mechanical attack after a person is unable to remember when what and how much he ate.
- desire to constantly diet and exercise are not perceived as part of a healthy lifestyle, as well as punishment for the food eaten.
- desire to vomit after eating.
Symptoms of severe bulimia
- sharp decline and weight gain.
- loss of teeth and hair.
- Permanent muscle fatigue.
- Inflammation of the throat and esophagus.
- swelling of the salivary glands.
- hemorrhage on his face.
In severe bulimia patient needed hospitalization.
When disease attacks a person eats everything he sees, such holidays occur on the abdomen 40 times per month, which is more than once a day.Eat sick very quickly, unable to stop.After eating comes guilt and people resorted to all possible means to cleanse the body - causes vomiting, enemas, laxatives, drugs to reduce appetite, resorted to a hunger strike and physical exhaustion.On these grounds bulimia are divided into two types: the first classic case of a patient breaks and cleanses the body, the second is hungry and goes in for sports.The second type is similar to the stage of anorexia, in which a person refuses to eat, but the outward signs of anorexia and more pronounced, as a rule, does not practice anorectics binge eating.
At risk are women from 15 to 30 years.Previously, women of mature age bulimia is rare, but today with the cult of thinness replication and adult women practicing unnatural release of the body from ingested food.
consequences of bulimia
- change in the character recognition.
- Bleeding from the rectum.
- stomach ulcer.
- abuse of laxatives leads to constipation.
- Weight gain, as 70% of calories absorbed directly manages.
- tachycardia, high blood pressure.
- damaged vocal cords and nasal septum.
- Vomiting and laxatives excrete minerals, which leads to dehydration and muscle cramps, and may eventually cause heart failure.
Less significant impact of the disease: hair loss, breach or lack of menstruation, chronic fatigue, wrinkles, skin exhaustion.A mental effects lead to severe depression, self-flagellation.
Treatment of bulimia
If you find yourself or a close signs of bulimia, an urgent need to see a doctor, because the consequences can be deadly.
1. The basis of treatment is changing thought processes, his attitude to life, myself, my body.After all, it is hidden in the psyche of the patient source of problems from bulimia.Therapeutic measures help patients gain confidence in yourself, love your body, accept yourself for who is, to gain self-worth.
2. the practice of family therapy, it is often very effective, family members help a person control their povedenie.Chasto very cause of bulimia is in the family relationships.It is in the family of a man often develop an inferiority complex.
3. Group terapiyapozvolyaet person to understand that he is not alone in their grief, communication allows to share experiences, stories about the success of others give confidence that all is not lost.
4. In severe stages of bulimia patients prescribed medication, because patients with bulimia are often in a deep depression.Antidepressants such as fluoxetine is approved for the treatment of bulimia, it reduces the number of episodes of binge eating, and eliminates the need to empty the stomach after them.However, not all medications reduce cravings for food, sometimes the effect is just the opposite.
5. severe cases are treated in a hospital.Bulimiki eat on schedule and under the supervision of medical staff, which eliminates the possibility to pull out or overeat.Sick leave alone.
6. If you have noticed that the disease in severe form, and you yourself can not cope with it, it would be better to seek professional help.
effectiveness of the treatment will depend largely on whether the expert to identify the true cause of the disease.After all, sometimes the cause of bulimia can become pathological fear relationships with the opposite sex, exaggerated sense of responsibility and self-control, avoiding setbacks in his personal life, switching to diet and exercise, excessive recourse to the diet, and as a consequence of overeating as a defensive reaction.
Working with a therapist can help find the causes of the disease will help to change the thinking processes, to change ideas about themselves and tune in to a healthy diet and proper lifestyle.
Bulimia - preventive measures
You have to understand that prevention is much easier than treatment.The need to create a healthy family environment, follow the right diet, to maintain the weight of their relatives normal, healthy self-esteem to raise a child.Do not handle food as a means of rewarding or punishing.If a child is experiencing because of the extra weight, you need to watch out for his food, to give to the sports section, to dance, to show that the world is beautiful and the food is not the only way of enjoying life.
And if you ever come across cases of the disease bulimia?
Especially for LadySpecial.ru - Elena