In late fall on the shelves of grocery stores appear exotic fruit with an interesting name - feijoa.Many Russian buyers have not figured out until the end - what is this fruit is and what it is useful?
Feijoa - South American genus of tropical trees growing at the present time in the subtropical part of the Crimea and the Caucasus, as well as in Azerbaijan and Turkmenistan.Most often that's where he gets on the shelves of markets and shops etc. Russian cities.The smell and taste of this fruit is a cross between a kiwi and strawberries, and some capture notes of pineapple.In any case, in order to fully recognize the taste of feijoa, food should be eaten only fully ripe fruit.But there is a big problem - these fruits are soft and easily damaged during transport, so get to the shops do not fully ripened fruit.In order to maximize the beneficial properties of the product emerged, when purchasing a solid fetus, it should be left for a few days to ripen.It should be soft, and its interior to be like jelly.Th
main benefit feijoa is fortified with iodine, because the content of the substance, he can compete with the fish and so on. Seafood.Moreover, in this fruit-soluble iodine compound, and they are well absorbed by the human body.
Feijoa and rich in vitamin C, sucrose, fiber, pectin, which allows you to recommend this fruit as a dietary product for atherosclerosis, diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, colds, pyelonephritis and the overall strengthening of immunity.The peel is rich in antioxidants feijoa, but because of the high astringency fresh it is rarely used.To keep this valuable product, it is often dried and is used as an additive, such as a tea.
To select the fruit of a truly useful, it needs to be cut, the flesh should be transparent.If it is white - the fruit is not ripe, and if the brown - it spoiled.Immature feijoa can acquire it ripen at home for just a few days.
See also: Exotic fruits: Photo
Feijoa sugar: recipe
Many housewives pass counters with this exotic fruit simply because they do not know - what can be cooked out of it?And those who buy it, use fresh, eating the flesh with a spoon, and did the same pelt thrown out because of its distinctive taste.But it is in the peel contains a lot of nutrients that can be saved by preparing pureed with sugar feijoa.
- Feijoa - 1kg
- Sugar - 1 kg
- shelled walnuts - 200 g
- fruit wash, cut the tails and twist in a meat grinder.When you need to add sugar, mix and pour the pureed nuts.
- Now everything should be left on the table, to dissolve the sugar, and then expanded in jars.Stored this dish in the refrigerator for a long time!
Feijoa with honey: a recipe
mixture of honey and pineapple guava puree - a great option for those regions where there is a lack of iodine, that is, for the most part of our country.Benefits of the use of this mixture proved in thyroid diseases and cardio - vascular system, flu, laryngitis, increased excitability of the nervous system, and for the prevention of these diseases.Iodine deficiency adversely affects the whole body.Children because of this stunted, their intellectual development is stalled.
Ingredients for this product should be taken in a ratio of 1: 1.Feijoa need to mince and mix with honey, then put in a jar, cover and place in refrigerator.Adopted such means 3 times a day for 1 h. L.
of feijoa jam: Recipe
Boiled blyuli is difficult to call, t. To. It does not need cooking.Sweetness turns out tasty and useful, and time for its preparation takes not much.They can be watered pancakes, muffins, cheesecakes, mix with cream cheese, or simply served with tea.
- Feijoa - 1kg
- Sugar - sand - 800g
- fruit wash and trim the ends, peel and grind in a blender or meat grinder.Add sugar and mix everything thoroughly.
- can give a mixture of the present to the sugar has dissolved completely.It now remains for banks to expand the jam.
- If you plan long-term storage, they must be sterilized, and then tightly close the lid.
feijoa jam with orange
- Feijoa - 1kg
- sugar - 0.5 kg
- Orange - 1 piece.
- Feijoa wash well and cut off the tails, then cut and grind in a blender or using a grinder.
- half Orange peel and chop the same way.Now you need to mix both the mix and add sugar, mix well and put on banks.Keep this dish should be closed in a refrigerator.
a compote prepared very quickly.
- Feijoa - 0.5 kg
- water - 2.5 liters
- Sugar - Article 2.5.
- Citric acid - ¼ tsp
- Fruits rinse thoroughly.
- Wash 3-liter glass jar and sterilize it for about 15 minutes.
- sugar add water, put on fire and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- When the syrup boils, it is necessary to pour the pineapple guava, bring to a boil and blanch for 5 minutes.
- Pour citric acid and mix well.
- in prepared jars put fruit, pour the syrup and cover, which must also be sterilized.After compote to infuse for 5 minutes, spin the jar and turn on for 5 minutes.Now
- bank should wrap well and leave for a day.Compote is ready!
Feijoa - exotic fruit, which in recent years has become increasingly appearing on store shelves.These fruits are useful, becausecan compensate for the lack of iodine, and strengthen the immune system.From feijoa can prepare compote or jam, which can be stored in the refrigerator for several months.
- How to eat kiwi?
- How to eat fruit?
- As there medlar?
- nods like eating?