Tarragon or tarragon - is a perennial plant that is widely used in cooking.Its fresh and dried leaves have a slight anise flavor.Hot dishes, meat, hash, sauerkraut, pickles and pickled apples with this seasoning become even tastier.
Tarragon: useful properties
The structure includes tarragon phosphorus, iron, calcium, carotene, tannins, numerous vitamins and essential oils.
By the beneficial properties of tarragon include tonic, tonic, anti-inflammatory, antihelminthic, wound healing, antiseptic, diuretic, antirheumatic, stimulant.
- Tarragon well restores the stomach, improves sleep, normalizes the menstrual cycle, stimulates the appetite, greatly enhances the synthesis of gastric juice, but also reduces the force of the various manifestations of inflammation.
- Often, this plant is used for the treatment of various pathologies of the respiratory system: pneumonia, tuberculosis or bronchitis.
- When you need to normalize the functioning of the gonads or to get rid of stomach cramps, spice comes
- Tarragon effective against depression, nervous breakdowns, impotence, headaches, dropsy (a disease in which there is a growing degree of fluid in the membranes of the testicles), and worm infestation.
- It also effectively strengthens the immune system, enriches the body with the necessary amount of nutrients and cleans the blood.
fresh green tarragon in the kitchens of many nations used as a seasoning for soups, hash, beetroot.Twigs and crushed leaves put in salads, side dishes to meat, vegetable and egg dishes and seafood. Tarragon helps to improve the taste and aroma of offal.
often include tarragon into the dry mixture.In order for spice did not lose their aromatic properties, it must be added at the end of cooking.
cabbage with bacon and tarragon in French
fried cabbage with bacon (in different versions) are prepared in many countries.If you replace the recipe garlic apple cider vinegar, you get sauerkraut in German.And if you add sour cream, cabbage succeed in Danish.The classic French recipe involves the mandatory use of tarragon.
- Bacon - 350g
- Head of cabbage - 1 pc.
- Bulb - 1 clove garlic clove
- - 1 pc.
- vinegar 9 percent - 4 tbsp.l.
- dry tarragon (tarragon) 1/4 tsp
- In a deep frying pan fry the bacon until it is lightly browned.Remove from heat, chop and set aside.Fat save.
- Add the chopped onion and garlic, Brown the them in fat.
- Add a little vinegar.Bring to a boil and add the shredded cabbage and chopped bacon.Roast for approximately 5 minutes to become softer cabbage and serve.
Chicken Dijon in French tarragon
This is a lighter version of the classic French dishes.You can change the number of tarragon to taste, and depending on the season to replace the dry grass fresh.
- Dijon mustard - 3 tbsp
- Honey - 2 tbsp.l.
- dried tarragon (tarragon) - 2 tbsp
- Dry basil - 2 tbsp
- Dry thyme - 2 tsp
- salt - 1/8 tsp
- Ground black pepper - 1/8 tsp
- Vegetable oil - 2 tbsp
- Chicken - 500 g
- Dry white wine - 1 tbsp.
- In a bowl, mix the mustard and honey.Add the tarragon, thyme, basil, salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.Put the chicken back and brush brush both sides with a mixture of mustard.Pour 1/3 Art.wine on the chicken.Reduce heat, cover and simmer about 10 minutes, until the liquid has evaporated partially.
- Add another 1/3 Art.wine and continue to cook for about 5 minutes, the chicken should be almost white and start to allocate clear juice.Put the bird, leaving the liquid in the pan.
- Pour the remaining wine into it.Increase the heat to medium.Simmer until the liquid is reduced in volume by about a third.Pour this sauce chicken feeding.
See also : Dijon mustard recipe.
drink tarragon: how to cook?
In this recipe to prepare a drink of tarragon are best in summer when the fresh plant can be purchased on the market.It can be cooked and s dried grass, but then it will be marked with the smell of hay.
- Tarragon - beam
- Sugar - 6 - 7 Art.l.
- lemon - ¼
- Water - 6 l
- One beam tarragon wash, cut the lower branches and leaves are chopped into 3 cm pieces. Place them in a clay jar and fill with boiling water.Add 6 - 7 Art.l.of sugar per liter of water.Give the drink a brew for a few hours.His willingness to be judged by a beautiful green color.
- Before use, squeeze in a little lemon juice drink (about 1/4 of the lemon).
- Serve chilled only!
useful properties and pleasant fragrance of tarragon makes it an indispensable spice in the kitchen every housewife.The most familiar dishes, spiced with a pinch of tarragon, acquire a special taste!
- Fenugreek: used in cooking and useful properties
- White pepper: properties and applications in cooking
- Rosemary in cooking: properties and applications.