Mustard is a condiment of ground and whole seeds.It is often used in cooking in various European countries, Russia also lagged behind the tradition of the use of mustard.However, there is one difference - in Russia used a sharp mustard, and in Europe use more sweet.
What Dijon mustard?
most famous mustard - is Dijon.Her story belongs to the distant 1747 to the city of Dijon. Dijon mustard different from the usual exquisite taste and pleasant aroma .Initially, Dijon mustard is prepared from black seeds.At the moment when it is added even cooking and white seeds.
Dijon mustard to get as in the best restaurants of Dijon, with the seeds need to remove the husk.With this mustard gain a nice yellow color.After adding the juice of unripe grapes, various spices and herbs as well as salt.From the use of herbs thyme, tarragon and lavender.Thanks to them, Dijon mustard acquires unique taste.If the mustard will be added to other herbal supplements, it can not be attributed to Dijon.
in world trade, more than half of the annual turnover of Dijon mustard accounted for France.Some of the largest producers - it Amora and Maille.Dijon mustard is used to prepare various sauces and condiments.Also this mustard seasoned grilled meat or fish.There are two types of Dijon mustard - gentle and strong.
Typically, Dijon mustard is sold in jars of clay to carefully wash and wipe.In our country, it can be seen not so much as in France.But if suddenly you find a supermarket, which sells Dijon mustard, remember its price for a jar weighing 205 g basil costs about 230 rubles, and the usual spicy Dijon mustard, weighing 250 grams will cost you somewhere in the 150 rubles.
In fact, recipe Dijon mustard is not as complicated and , and can cook it any hostess.
How to prepare Dijon mustard?
Dijon mustard recipe
- Dry white wine - 1 tbsp.
- Mustard powder - 60g
- Garlic - 1 clove
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Vegetable oil - 1 tsp
- Natural honey - 1 tbsp
- Onions - 1 pc.
- sauce "Tabasco" - to taste
- Cut small pieces of onion and garlic.
- In a saucepan, add the wine, honey, chopped onions and garlic.Stir.
- Put the pan on the fire, bring to a boil and boil for 7 minutes over low heat.
- Remove mixture from heat and strain.
- Add the mustard flour mixture and beat with a mixer or a whisk all.
- Pour a mixture of vegetable oil, add sauce "Tabasco" (a few drops), salt and mix well.
- Put the mixture on low heat and cook mustard, until thickened.Mustard should get a consistency similar to sour cream.
- Cool and pour the mustard in a glass jar, cover and store in the refrigerator for 2 days.
- After 2 days, Dijon mustard can be eaten, seasoning meat dishes, boiled tongue, fat or poultry.
Dijon mustard with basil
- Dry white wine - 400ml
- Onions - 1 pc.
- Garlic - 3 cloves
- honey - 3 tablespoons
- Mustard powder - 130 g
- Rapeseed oil - 1 tbsp
- salt - 2 tsp
- basil - 1 tablespoon
- Chop onion, basil and garlic.
- in a pan with non-stick coating pour the wine and pour the crushed ingredients.Bring to a boil and simmer 5 minutes.
- Cool the cooked mixture, strain through a strainer, and all that remains - discard.
- Stirring constantly, add the mustard powder carefully into the prepared mixture.Stir until then, until the mixture is smooth.
- Add the mustard mixture of canola oil, honey and salt.Put on low heat and cook until mustard is thick and smooth.This mixture must be constantly stirring.
- resulting Dijon mustard Put into a clean glass jar, let it cool, and store in the refrigerator.
- Mustard ready for consumption.
Dijon mustard with cinnamon and cloves
- Seeds of white and black mustard - 150 g
- mixture of spices "herbs of Provence" - 1 tsp
- liquid honey - 1 tsp
- cinnamon - 1 pinch
- Cloves - 2 pcs.
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Sweet pepper - to taste
- wine vinegar - 1 tsp
- olive oil - 1 tsp
- Put the mixture into the pan Provencal herbs, cloves, a few peas allspice, and add a little water.When the mixture comes to a boil, add salt and boil 2 minutes.
- into a bowl with a mortar crush the seeds of white and black mustard.
- in individual banks pour the crushed mustard seeds and fill the water of seasoning mixture through a sieve.In a mixture of honey and add a pinch of cinnamon.Remember, a little liquid should cover the mustard seeds, but it should not be too much.
- Pour a mixture of vinegar and olive oil.Stir.
- Mustard need to cool at room temperature and put into the refrigerator.
How useful mustard?
How to make mustard at home?
Especially for LadySpecial.ru - Misnik Svetlana