Iodine is a valuable mineral, vital for the body.The huge amount of it accumulates in seafood animal and vegetable origin, which is a natural source of iodine.
Nutrition and environment have a tremendous impact on human health.Every sane person is committed to minimizing the impact of adverse factors on your body.
nature of the country itself does not contain enough iodine, plus a poor environment.Lower quality products, chemical processing reduces the content of trace elements in food.It is also necessary to avoid the thermal treatment of products, it reduces their content of iodine.
Iodine deficiency in the body leads to the following consequences
- diseases of the thyroid gland (goiter).This disease can slow physical and mental development of the child, lead to cretinism, sexual dysfunction.
- reduced immunity.
- metabolic disorders.
fully compensate for a deficiency of iodine from food is not possible, however, to include in its ratsionproviziyu containing i
Iodine in food
- Laminaria and other seaweeds. Since ancient times, kelp used to fight many diseases.Growing seaweed in the Pacific and Arctic oceans.In addition to iodine seaweed rich in protein and rich in amino acids.If you use laminaria constantly, the body gradually fill iodine deficiency and restore the strength and courage.
- seeds of apples.
- Saltwater fish: herring, tuna, salmon, perch, cod (particularly cod liver oil), etc.If you eat 200 grams.of cod per day, enough to saturate the body with iodine.
- Fish oil. presence of fish oil in the diet is the prevention of rickets and source of iodine.
- Marine nuts: crabs, shrimp, squid and other marine inhabitants.But do not believe that including fish and seafood to your diet can be avoided iodine deficiency.If you do not live near the sea and the fish is not a staple of your diet, there is no guarantee that the iodine in your body is enough.
- products enriched with iodine salt, bread, milk.
Fewer following products contain iodine
- fish that lives in fresh water.
- Membranes walnuts.
- feijoa fruit.
- Vegetables that are grown in soils rich in iodine.
Do not eat foods that contain iodine, along with lots of cabbage, corn, beans, soy.These products can trigger thyroid disease and increase the body's need for iodine.
only rely on food it is impossible, because the need to change your diet, spend lots of money.With iodine diet it is very difficult to accurately set the dosage of trace element, since different degrees of heat treatment on the different effects on the amount of trace elements.
Iodine in food found in varying percentages , depending on the growing region of a product, and how many of iodine received by the product of the soil.
See also: Iodine deficiency: Symptoms
The day should eat 200 mg of iodine, but the pregnancy rate of the trace element is doubled.In this regard replenish iodine help iodine containing formulations.But it should be noted chtokak iodine deficiency and an excess of harmful for the body.Do not take these drugs without consulting a specialist.