For those who care about their health and watching their figure, well known such a thing as calorie foods, but there another criterion by which products are evaluated - the glycemic index .By glycemic index carbohydrates are classified, the lower the score, the eligible products for the diet.
Michel Montignac has developed a classification, according to which low glycemic index have the following products.
- Fruits: apricot, avocado, orange, pomegranate, grapefruit, pear, peach, plum, cherry, apple, tangerine, nectarine.
- Vegetables: eggplant, broccoli, brussels sprouts, mushrooms, zucchini, cauliflower, onions, cucumbers, carrots, tomatoes, radishes, beets, bell peppers, spinach.
- Berries: cherry, blackberry, strawberry, strawberries, raspberries, currants, blueberries, gooseberries.
- Grains and legumes: beans, peas, sunflower seeds, corn, sesame, bran, sprouts, soy.
- Nuts: peanuts, walnuts, pine nuts, hazelnuts, almonds, hazelnuts.
- Greens: dill and garlic.
- Other products: milk, seafood, cheese, bread made from sprouted grains.
All these products have a GI of 15 to 35 units.Each of them can be incorporated into your diet menu.For comparison, the glycemic index sugar is 100 units. have a high index of sugar, honey, white bread, pastries.
Proviant with low glycemic index does not raise blood sugar levels, because the higher the GI, the more sugar enters the body.Carbohydrates of these products the body can absorb more easily, they practically do not deposited in body fat.Carbohydrates from foods with a high GI are quickly digested quickly, so after eating a person feels hunger and consume more produktovna throughout the day.
Nutritionists sovetuyutza one meal to eat more foods with a low glycemic index, such as oat meal and an apple.After this breakfast, hunger will not appear immediately. Start the day with breakfast in complex carbohydrates , a breakfast will save you from having to snack between meals, and thus reduce the total calorie intake for the day, be sure to have a positive impact on your figure.
there are some tricks that can help lower the glycemic index, increase the nutritional value of products.
7 tips to outsmart the glycemic index
- Eat more fiber, it satisfy your hunger, normalize digestion, reduce the overall GI diet.
- better to eat raw vegetables , they have lower GI, and vitamins in them anymore, so they are loved by vegetarians and raw-foodists.
- Do not overcook the potatoes and pasta , any heat treatment improves glycemic index product.If you really love the potatoes, then cook it in a uniform and eat with the skin, and pasta give preference to those that are made from durum wheat.
- Excessive grinding of the product increases the GI.
- reduces the glycemic index of a small amount of fat added to the plant food.
- Eat fruits and vegetables in their skins. This will not only increase the value of the product, but also reduce the glycemic index, because the peel is a pure fiber.
- Never eat with sweet and fatty .
But you should know that despite the fact that nuts have a low GI, should not be abused, because they are very high-calorie product.But fruits and berries, such as watermelon, despite the high GI can eat without fear, because of their calorie content is low, which means you need to eat a lot of low-calorie foods to blood sugar and increased glycemia provoked.
properly designed diet can help improve your health, reduce your weight and make you happy and welcome.
Especially for LadySpecial.ru - Elena