Paneer - is an Indian cottage cheese, which tastes like Adygei cheese.Paneer is made from milk, so it is rich in digestible protein.It nizkokalorien cheese contains a lot of calcium and phosphorus.In this part does not include Paneer rennet, preservatives and colorants as purchased in cheeses.Paneer quickly restores energy and strength.
to produce 1 kg of cheese will need:
- milk (5.4% fat) - 4 L
- lemon (lime) - 1 pc
- salt (optional)
- greens (optional)
How to prepare Paneer:
- Pour the milk into a large saucepan and put on fire.Add salt selected spices (turmeric, pepper, paprika, curry), fresh herbs (basil, parsley, oregano, rosemary).Before the milk starts to boil, squeeze the juice into it half a lemon (lime).If you do not have lemon, replace it with half a teaspoon of vinegar or citric acid, pre-diluted in warm water.
- Stir the resulting mixture with a wooden spatula, and when it boils, pour in the juice of the remaining half lemon (lime).
- milk will gradually phased out.It will fall to translucent liquid (whey) and the lumps of cheese.
- Prepare a container and mix gently resulting mass and removing it from the heat, pour it through a sieve to 2 layers of cheesecloth.
- Allow serum to drain.The serum can be used for cooking pancakes, add to steamed vegetables or make a soup basis.
- Tightly wrap the edges of cheesecloth and squeeze out excess water.Put the cheese in a deep or shallow dish, cover with another plate and put it on consignment.
- If you like sweet mild flavor of cheese, hold the load short (10-15 minutes), and if more dense - up to 30 minutes.
Paneer combined with lots of sauces, spices and herbs.His fried in pastry, stewed with vegetables and rice, added to salads, stuffed desserts.If desired, you can add cheese, nuts, green peas, sweet pepper.Experiment and cook healthy and tasty food for myself and my loved ones.Bon Appetit!