kichri - this is the main meal of Ayurvedic cuisine, which is a thick soup of rice and mung bean (beans).It is perfectly balanced in proteins, through a combination of beans and rice, so well digested, cleanses and nourishes the tissues of the body, rejuvenates the cells.
This soup is perfect for fasting days and cleanse the body.And, of course, the use of spices give the dish.With Latin species translates as "something worthy of admiration."
- Basmati rice (or any other rice) - 1 cup
- Mash (or lentils) - ½ - cup
- melted butter (butter or vegetable) - 3 tbsp.l.
- Cloves - 2 pcs.
- Cinnamon (stick about 1 cm)
- Curry (leaf) - 3 pcs.
- Kumin - 1 tsp
- Turmeric - ½ hours. L.
- dry mustard (black) - 1 ch. L.
- Asafetida - 1/4 tsp
- salt - 1 tbsp
method for preparing kichri
- rice is soaked in water for 20-30 minutes before cooking.Mash is desirable to soak before cooking for 2-3 hours.
- in deep thick-walled pot or pan heat the oil, put it in the cinnamon, cloves, mustard.Indian cuis
- Mix the ingredients, bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and cover with lid.
- After 20-25 minutes kichri ready!
kichri can be poured lime or lemon juice, sprinkle with herbs and bread there.You can experiment and add to the soup Indian potatoes and other vegetables.But these ingredients enough to eat delicious, nutritious, hearty and healthy!