Cinnamon - aromatic spices known since ancient times.Mention of cinnamon relate to Chinese sources, dated somewhere 2800 BCImagine being paid per kilogram Cinnamon kilograms of gold.From this we can conclude that cinnamon was "worth its weight in gold" in the truest sense of the word. Cinnamon spice was privileged , so let it could afford only the rich people.
Back in 1505 Lorenzo to Alma - European navigators discovered in Ceylon brown trees.This year the Freedom of Ceylon came to an end - a few centuries the island fell into slavery.
Currently cinnamon is available to all residents of the planet Earth, however, is not always possible to talk about the authenticity of the cinnamon.Most craftsmen forge it, mixing in brown extract (substitute cinnamon) various flavors and colors.In order not to stumble on a fake, cinnamon is recommended to buy a cinnamon sticks .This is a 100% guarantee of quality and safety of mineral properties and flavors.It makes more sense to buy cinnamon where her homeland.J
- Chinese cinnamon, or a simple cinnamon.Also called Chinese cinnamon cassia Canela.Homeland Chinese cinnamon is considered to be Southern China.This kind of cinnamon has a sharp taste and smell.
- Ceylon cinnamon, or noble - the most expensive and precious cinnamon.This type of cinnamon is grown in India, Indonesia, Brazil, Guiana, Martinique not, Ceylon and Reunion.Ceylon cinnamon has a sweet aroma, a pleasant sweet taste, slightly burning.
- Cinnamon - spicy cinnamon with the rich pungent smell, spicy and slightly pungent taste.Homeland is a cinnamon Indonesia, rather Moluccas.
- Malabar cinnamon, or wood cinnamon - cinnamon brown.Homeland of this type of cinnamon is considered to be India.Malabar cinnamon - sharp, has a bitter taste.
Cinnamon and its composition
cinnamon The structure includes:
- Essential oils
- Brown aldehyde (60%)
- Eugenol(from 4 to 18%)
Cinnamon: useful properties
- Cinnamon is used to prevent colds.
- Cinnamon has antipyretic effects, but at high temperatures can enhance headaches.
- Cinnamon is a diuretic, so it is recommended to take in diseases of the liver, gall bladder and kidney.
- Cinnamon - the perfect cure for many diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.
- Cinnamon together with honey copes with cardiovascular disease.
- spice lowers blood sugar levels, strengthens the heart muscle, so the cinnamon is useful in diabetes.
- Cinnamon has antibacterial properties, so the prints bacteria, toxins and wastes from the body.
- Cinnamon helps to cope with arthritis.
- For the elderly cinnamon useful in that it improves concentration, promotes mental activity and improves mobility.
- To strengthen the immune system, it is recommended to take cinnamon with honey, it's the combination helps to lose weight (read the article Cinnamon and honey for weight loss).
- Cinnamon able to cope with skin diseases such as eczema, a fungus, dermatitis, certain types of lichen, psoriasis, etc.
- Cinnamon powder sprinkled on wounds and cuts to their rapid healing.
- During puberty, adolescents it is recommended to lubricate the honey-cinnamon broth areas affected by acne.
- To reduce the itching and pain bites, it is recommended to rub the solution into the bite of cinnamon and honey.
- To cope with a toothache, cinnamon is applied to the aching tooth.
Despite the benefits of cinnamon, it has a number of contraindications.Basically, contraindications relating to pregnant women. fact that cinnamon stimulates uterine contractions, therefore, cinnamon can cause miscarriage.
- Cinnamon is impossible to use nursing mothers, internal bleeding and high blood pressure.
- Cinnamon is contraindicated for people with individual intolerance or hypersensitivity to spices.
- Note, frequent eating cinnamon provoke palpitations, increases excitability and increases the pressure.
- use of cinnamon in a large liver damage and provokes headaches.In all the fault of coumarin contained in the spices.
draw conclusions, cinnamon can not be used when:
- individual intolerance.
- internal bleeding of various origins.
- nervous hyperexcitability.
- high temperatures.
- breastfeeding and pregnancy.
- use of medicines, blood thinners.
See also: Cinnamon hair.
Everyone can choose for themselves the most suitable use of beneficial spices cinnamon.Most importantly - remember the extent and proper use cinnamon.
Especially for LadySpecial.ru - Misnik Svetlana