Kumin, or as it is called, Cumin - one of the most common cooking spice eastern .We often confuse it with cumin, in fact, these herbs are distinguished from each other.In the Middle Ages there was a belief according to which the bride and groom had to carry through the whole cumin seed wedding ceremony.In this case, awaited them happiness in their life together.
Useful properties of cumin
cumin it is called because of the external similarity of two spices, although the taste and properties they are far from identical.Homeland cumin is considered to be Central Asia.As a condiment, it is widely used in ancient India, ancient Greece and Rome, as well as in the Middle East.Herbs, healing properties of cumin indicated in the works of Hippocrates, Dioscorides and Pliny the Elder.
Today, cumin is grown and widely used in Latin America, North Africa and Southeast Asia.In Europe, the popularity of this spice is not so high, although the inhabitants of the Mediterranean countries are not averse to using it
For cooking you can use powder or whole cumin seeds.They have a strong specific smell and taste reminiscent of nuts. Whole seeds can be used in cooking various dishes of meat, rice and cheese.Same ground, powdered seeds added to various marinades, soups, flour, vegetable dishes and cold snacks, as well as sauces.
spice it did not stay aside from the perfume industry.There used oil cumin .
- cumin seeds contain a variety of vitamins, minerals and other no less useful substances for the organism.Among them are: ascorbic acid, calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, B vitamins, beta-carotene and others.
- With regular addition of cumin in your food, you are helping to ease the amnesia, insomnia, stomach cramps, headaches.Also, the spice is good for dyspepsia, cholelithiasis, bronchitis;improves digestion, prevents the formation of thrombi, affects the cardiovascular system, reducing the risk of heart attacks.
- Students during the session, and those who work a lot mentally, cumin helps strengthen brain processes, and a beneficial effect on eyesight.
- Pregnant women zira needed for nausea and bloating that occur in the first month of pregnancy, nursing mothers will help correct problems with lactation.
- In Greece, the seeds of this plant are used to prepare medicinal tea for children , recommended for children flatulence.
- Lotions based on cumin have antiseptic and wound-healing effect , and packs of ground seeds to help with the appearance of tumors.Packs should be prepared with olive oil, or bean flour.
- addition, cumin fine prints toxins from the body .In order to give strength and improve mood therapeutic use tea cumin: one teaspoon of cumin, fennel and coriander pour two cups of boiling water and enjoy the original taste and the influence he will have on your body.
Contraindications for use cumin
However, with all its beneficial properties, cumin is contraindicated for people suffering from gastritis with high acidity and gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcer.
cumin traditionally called the queen of spices.Without its use does not do any cooking oriental cuisine.It is not by accident.The spice, which contains much useful, must necessarily become an ornament each table!
Especially for L adySpecial. ru - Marie Matveyuk