history of pizza
What do we know about the origins of pizza?What it came up with the Italians, but in fact the prototype of the future smart Greeks invented pizza.In ancient Greece began to bake the dough, and as a condiment used all that was at hand.It was oil, and garlic, and onions, and herbs and olives.Even Plato himself mentioned in the "Republic" of cooking tortillas, who run the oil, herbs and cheese, and washed down with plenty of wine.
ancient Persians were preparing something like a pizza, it was a special kind of bread, which they richly decorated with cheese and dates.The Romans did not particularly care about low-calorie pizza, and how to, laid out her honey and bay leaves.One legend says that the Roman legionaries returning from Palestine, told all about the recipe for unleavened bread with vegetables, called "pitsea."Other sources say that the Romans just changed the recipe of the Greek pizza, and became a big cheese and add the other ingredients.Cato, the first Roman historian referre
There is evidence that the mere opening of a prescription belongs to the Roman general Lucullus, who was considered a lover of feasts and feasts.There is a saying "Lucullus feast," which means a celebration of food and gluttony.But there is a contradiction in the fact that Lucullus first invented pizza as tomato while in Italy is not grown, they were brought later from America.And the tomatoes were already one of the main components of the pizza.
In order that pizza - a purely Italian invention - have decided to compete and Norwegians.Norwegian scientist Astrid Ridbergolts sure that the Vikings invented the first pizza.As proof of this, he cites the frequent finding of archeologists at the site of ancient settlements pans.According to him, it pans for baking cakes with vegetables and meat.
predecessor authentic Italian pizza is a focaccia cake.It is prepared in much the same as regular pizza, but without toppings.This cake was considered the usual food of peasants and became the basis of the traditional pizza.The history of modern pizza starts counting 200 years ago from Naples, when bakers began to prepare a quick meal for the poor.The cake dough covered with a layer of tomato, dried oregano, top lubricated with vegetable oil and can even add a little cheese.So there was a dish, like pizza.Dealers were placed in a dish large boxes and carried to sell on the street.Sometimes buyers do not have the money to fully pay for the pizza and took it to the debt.This eight-called pizza.
beginning Italians recognize only two types of classic pizza - "Marinara" and "Margarita".Marinara is called in honor of the fishermen who have loved it for breakfast.But Pizza Margherita has a very interesting history.It is so named in honor of Queen Margaret, who was the wife of the King of Italy Umberto 1. Once the king and his wife arrived in Neapolitaniyu decided to eat well and instructed the chefs to cook them a lot of different pizzas.Work hard, chef invited the royal couple enjoyed pizza.In total, they have prepared three kinds of pizza, one of which consisted of tomato, basil and motstsarelly.Not only is this pizza really liked the queen, so also reminded her of the flag of Italy.So a pizza and was named Margarita.This pizza - the perfect base for any pizza, which can be applied on top of anything.
classic Italian pizza is usually prepared on the water with the fine flour with the addition of baking flour.Homemade pizza cooking easier for that need dry yeast.You can take and fresh yeast, only take into account their relationship, for example, 1 teaspoon dried is 12 g of fresh yeast.
- To prepare two thin pizzas will need 250 ml of warm water, a pound of flour, 1 tsp. Fine sea salt, suitable and common salt, 1 tbsp.tablespoon sugar 2 tsp. dry yeast.To dough was the most smooth and elastic in the pizza you want to add extra virgin olive oil.For this recipe, the dough we will need 2 tbsp.tablespoons olive oil.If we talk about the agony, the better, it will be sifted, as it will make the dough more lush.
- In a saucepan or high bowl mix flour and salt.Yeast should be pre-diluted with a little water and sugar, and if you take the dry yeast, they can be directly mixed with flour.Then, after prior dissolution of yeast they need to settle for 5-7 minutes, then pour in the flour and salt, making advance in the flour and salt small depression.Now you can slowly pour in the hot water, his hands kneading the dough until soft consistency.Knead yeast dough for about 10 minutes, as long as it does not become elastic.Then put the dough into a greased bowl, and cover with a towel or tissue, leaving a half-hour approached in a warm place.
- After expiration of the dough can be divided into two equal halves.Each part is necessary to knead a little more, giving it the right kind and stretching on a special form which should be lubricated with olive oil and sprinkle with a little flour.Leave the dough again to approach a few minutes, covered with a napkin.
- is important to cook the dough for homemade pizza hands, so she gets a better taste than if the dough to cook food processor.Pull the dough with the help of the form should be very careful, just to push and pull at the center of the dough to the edges of the form, making sure the edges of the dough was a bit more compared to the middle.It is necessary to form protrusions on the edges of 2-3 cm. When the dough has come for the second time can be put to it for pizza toppings.To do this, first put tomato sauce, you can take fresh tomato sauce or canned, which is better to add a little fresh oregano or basil.If not available fresh herbs, it can be replaced by a dry blend of Italian herbs, which are sold in many stores.Pizza sauce should not be too liquid, and the dough is better to lubricate with olive oil.
- for homemade pizza can be used a variety of foods: chicken, pork, mushrooms, seafood, olives, tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers and salami.As a cheese pizza mozzarella is typically used, it can be replaced by parmedzhano.Mozzarella should be cut into very thin slices, or chop on a coarse grater.For authentic Italian pizza is best to take the olives or olives, capers and basil.
- After pizza decorated, it is possible to put bake in preheated oven.It should be heated to 230 degrees and bake the pizza for about 20 minutes, periodically checking its status.It is easy to determine its readiness, if you look at the edge of the pizza, they become golden and crispy.Serve the pizza to the table to be hot with a good glass of red wine.
- Italian pizza:
- recipe How to cook Italian pizza?
Now you know how you can cook pizza at home, which will be no worse than a pizza from the restaurant.Pizza - a creative business and do not necessarily adhere to any strict rules, you can adjust the most recipes and show imagination in stuffing pizza, so it's possible you'll discover your brand pizza recipe.
Especially for LadySpecial. ru - Natella