Calvados - an apple brandy is a native of Normandy.This drink is produced by the distillation of cider.Produce Calvados varieties of small apples.Nowadays it is very difficult to find a decent drink prepared according to the rules of high quality products.Good drink always has a high price.So if you love Calvados, it is quite possible to cook at home.
Calvados recipe at home
- Apples - 2 kg
- Sugar - 150 g
- Water - 150 ml
- Vanilla sugar - to taste
- Vodka - 1L
- Rinse apples.Pure fruit peel.Cut in half and remove seeds.Then the apples cut into small pieces.
- After that apples are usually folded into a clean jar and sprinkle with vanilla sugar.Then pour the entire contents of cans of vodka.
- Apples leave to infuse for two weeks in a dark warm place, occasionally shaking the jar.After two weeks, the tincture is ready and it should be easy to filter.Then pour the contents of the can into a saucepan and put on a small fire.
- In another saucepan must be cooked sugar
- syrup tincture warming up, and then is cooled and poured into individual bottles.Tanks sealed tightly and leave store in a cool dark place.
How to cook original Calvados?
Before you begin to cook Calvados, remember that the quality depends on the variety and freshness of the products used for the manufacture.Since it is made from apples, it is best to choose apples that grow nearby.These apples contain more flavor and juice.Brought back fruits, unfortunately, mostly composed of cellulose.The most perfect combination for the original Calvados ratio of 20% will be sour varieties of apples, and 40% of sweet and bitter, and for the smell - 2 small pears.
- sour apples - 350 g
- sweet apples - 700 g
- bitter apples - 700 g
- Pear - 2 pcs.
- Vodka - 1L
- sugar - 1 tbsp.
- Vanilla sugar - Article 0.5.
- water - 1 tbsp.
- Wash apples, cut into quarters, remove the core and seeds, and later - into small cubes.Wash and cut into thin slices of pear.
- then sterilize the 3-liter jar and place it in layers of apple slices, alternating with slices of pear.Layers pour the thin layers of vanilla sugar.
- Fill the jar with vodka and cover it with gauze.Then store it in a dark place where heat, for 14 days.Several times a day, shake the jar.
- The resulting infusion of strain through cheesecloth, folded in two layers.Then pour infusion into a large saucepan.Light a small fire and put the pot stew.
- In another small pan of water and cook the sugar syrup.When the sugar is completely dissolved, carefully pour the syrup into a warm apple infusion continuing to cook.
- After 30 minutes, set aside the pot and wait for the calvados is completely cool.Ready to pour the drink bottles dry, close them very tightly.
- Calvados store at a temperature not exceeding 180 ° C in a dark place.
Cocktails with calvados
Calvados can be drunk as a simple drink, but you can prepare on the basis of its delicious cocktails .These cocktails will please not only you, but also will decorate any special occasion, and no doubt will surprise your friends and acquaintances.
To prepare cocktail "Normandy» you will need 40 ml of Calvados, 20 ml sugar syrup, 30 ml of orange juice.All of this mix, add ice and carefully whisk in the shaker.
For 1 serving cocktail "Pleasant Adventure» Take 20 ml of Calvados, 10 ml of grapefruit juice and 10 ml gin.All the mix in a shaker, throw in the ice cubes and whisk thoroughly.A refreshing cocktail is ready.
If you want to try something different from the alcoholic beverages, the beverage calvados Norman fortress 400C - what you need.To cook it uses a variety of apples, and even pears.More called brandy or apple vodka , and really, Calvados, home-cooked, a very rich and strong. Pamper yourself and your guests in such a drink!
Especially for LadySpecial.ru - Alenka, Julia