Sometimes unexpected guests descend, and treat something delicious they want.In this case, the owner will come to the aid of simple recipes for snacks.For example, potato balls.This original dish can be prepared from the remnants of mashed potatoes and serve with any sauce to taste.
mashed potato balls: recipe
- Salt - a pinch
- Sunflower oil - for frying
- Breadcrumbs - 140 g
- Eggs - 4pcs.
- potatoes - 1.2 kg
- to prepare this dish you will take about 1 hour. If there is a ready-made mashed potatoes, the time it will take a lot less!
- Clean washed potatoes, then cut them into large chunks, place in a saucepan, pour water and add 1 ch. L.salt.The water should cover the whole potatoes.Bring it to a boil, then reduce heat slightly and cook for another 30 min., Until the potatoes are tender.Drain and immediately mash the potatoes well.Beat 2 eggs and stir them into the sauce.
- of Form small balls of mashed potatoes.Beat the remaining 2 eggs in a wide dish, an
- boned balls first in the eggs, then - in breadcrumbs and fried in a frying pan to submit to the hot oil.Broil, turning, until the crust is golden and crispy.
- Drain excess oil on paper towels or tissues and immediately - to the table, decorated with beads fresh herbs.You can apply to the dish or sour cream sauce.
See also: Potato dishes
How to cook potato balls fried?
- potatoes -5 pcs.
- Eggs - 2 pcs.
- Butter - 50 g
- Flour - Article 1.5.
- Oil - for frying
- salt and spices - to taste
- Peel the potatoes, coarsely chop and cook until tender in a little salted water.
- Broth drain, leaving very little liquid.Mash potatoes, add eggs, butter, your favorite spices and whisk well.
- Gradually pour the flour, stirring the potatoes to the point of it to be easy to mold.
- From the resulting mass of wet hands shape the balls about the size of a walnut or a little less.
- balls roll on all sides with breadcrumbs, excess shake.
- Fry in deep fat until golden brown.Then place on a paper towel.
- Serve as a garnish or a separate dish with the sauce.
potato balls stuffed with: recipes
potato balls, can be stuffed ham, grated cheese, a slice of salted herring or salmon, shrimp, nuts, prunes, or slices of fresh or pickled vegetables.
stuffed with minced soy
- Dry bean beef - 50 g
- salt and spices - to taste
- Cook minced soy in salted water with the spices (black pepper, bay leaf, or any others.) for 5 min.
- Tilt in a colander and squeeze it well with a spoon.Add 1/2 hours. L.black pepper (or other. spices) and mix.
- This amount of stuffing per 700 grams of potatoes.
- Stuffing - 300 g minced
- bulb - ½ head
- White wine 1/4 Art.
- Olives - 1 tbsp.l.
- Raisins - 1 tbsp.l.raisins
- Tomato sauce - 3/4 Art.
- Fry the finely chopped onion, add the minced meat, fry for another minute 7. Increase the heat and pour in the wine.Add the tomato sauce, olives and raisins.
- If not using the olives, then do not put the raisins, and on the contrary - they complement each other well.Stir, reduce heat and cover.Put out at least another minute 10.
- This amount filling for 1 kg of potatoes.
- Onions - 1 head
- mushrooms - 300 g
- Brynza - 150g
- Greens - 1 bunch
- Garlic - 2 cloves
- Salt and pepper - to taste
- onion cut into small pieces, finely chop the mushrooms.Sauté the onion, add to it and fry the mushrooms for 15 minutes.
- Add the crushed garlic, finely chopped herbs and grated cheese.
- salt and pepper to your liking.
- This amount is enough for the preparation of stuffing balls of 4 large potatoes.
- potatoes in pots
- Snacks picnic
- How to cook potato wedges?
potatoes - the most popular side dish to many dishes.Usually it is mashed, fried or boiled potatoes.If these options are a bit bored, try to cook potato balls.They may become an original side dish or snack - it all depends on the method of delivery.