factors of development and cultivation of cultural gippeastrum
«Star» flower does not require a person to his attention.However, you must still comply with certain conditions.
- Lighting .Hippeastrum light is needed in large quantities.However, the plant in order to avoid burns is better not to have in the sun: it reliably provide a bright diffused light.The period of rest, which lasts at least 10 weeks in the dark contain bulbs.
- temperature regime .During the summer, in a room with a South American exote day should keep the temperature within 23-25ºS, last night should not drop below 18º.Temperature fluctuations, though sharp, adversely affect the plant.Autumn bulb into a state of rest, which lower the temperatures up to 10-13º.
- Humidity .Threshold Limit Value - 80%.However, by and large, the value of this index does not play a special role.Just not rise above, as it is fraught with the emergence stagonosporoza.With regard to the period of rest, here humidity should be 50%.
- Soil and container planting .The pot in which you are going to plant a bulb must always be new.Make sure that the diameter of the vessel does not exceed that of the material for planting more than 5-9 cm. At the bottom of the pot put the good drainage layer.The substrate is formed of the following components: peat, turf ground, river sand.All ingredients are taken in equal proportions.
Care Hippeastrum home
organizing a system of measures for the care of Hippeastrum, pay special attention to watering.The soil should moisturize in moderation, excess water in the soil is undesirable.Drying of an earthen clod is allowed between waterings.Ideal for Hippeastrum average soil moisture.In the implementation of irrigation make sure that water does not leak to the bulb.In the rest period the plant is not watered.
fertilizers in the soil under the Hippeastrum is made throughout the growing season.Exotic fed every 3 weeks complex mineral substances, alternating with organic sources.Stop this procedure a few weeks before the dormancy period.
Hippeastrum every 3 years required a transplant.Recommendations regarding the selection of the pot and the formation of the substrate are identical to those at landing culture, lit up.
Pruning Exotic unnecessary.
Getting new species Hippeastrum flower breeding is possible through one of three ways:
- division into the main part of the bulb;
- branch bulbs subsidiaries from the parent;
first two methods are most frequently used.Segments of the main bulb or "kids" with roots planted in the substrate of peat, humus and sand.Keep them at a temperature of 24-25º in a constantly moist soil.Once the bulbs will give the first shoots, young Hippeastrum planted in individual pots.
Separately should be said about the flowering plants.It is possible at any time of the year.As a vygonochnyh exotic culture, the time of appearance of the reproductive organs can thus change on your own.To flowering plants to be successful, you must:
- firstly, to monitor the quality and quantity of fertilizers introduced into the soil - during feedings occur tab nutrients in the bulb Exotic;
- secondly, to ensure correct and timely culture of a rest period in which it needs at the end of flowering.
Thus, the reasons for the lack of or poor flowering are problems associated with the above activities.
However, you can make gippeastrum bloom.There are three ways to achieve the desired:
- Termination watering in August and transferred Exotic deposited in a place devoid of light.At the end of January - the resumption of soil moisture.In this case, the flowers appear in a month with a small.
- Processing bulbs 43-45ºS hot water for a few hours.Flowering of the main part of the planting material begins after 20-25 days.
- Cutting of all leaves in July and at the same time cessation of watering for 30 days.Then, with the first implementation of moistening the soil fertilization.The plant will bloom in late summer - September.
Hippeastrum may be affected by pests.This mealybug, spider mites, earthworms, Nartsissova fly, thrips, slugs.Among the diseases attacking the flower rot, red burn.